Have you just been discharged from the hospital? Do you need help with what to do next?
Every day matters during recovery.
First Choice VIP Care is here to help members stay healthy after their hospital stays.
Getting well after your hospital stay is important. But sometimes people end up back in the hospital soon after they leave. This is called a readmission.
Readmissions can happen for a lot of reasons. By taking some simple steps, you may be able to stay healthy and out of the hospital.
Before you leave the hospital
Getting ready before you leave the hospital can help you get better faster. Just follow these easy tips:
- Tell your nurse where you plan to go after you leave the hospital.
- Make sure you understand your discharge instructions. Take them with you when you leave the hospital.
- Know who to call if you have questions.
- Get a list of the medicines you will need to take at home.
- Make sure you have a prescription for each medicine you need to take. You will need to give this to the pharmacist.
Just out of the hospital?
Here's what you should do next:
- See your primary care provider (PCP) within seven days. Write down your questions for your PCP before you go. Take your questions and discharge papers to your appointment.
- If you have a nurse Care Manager, check in often. Your nurse Care Manager will help you after you leave the hospital.
- Follow the directions for taking your medicines.
- Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about your medicines.
- Stick to your recovery plan.
First Choice VIP Care is here to help you heal. We know that healing is not always easy. You are not alone as you recover. We are here to help you get well and stay healthy.
Need help or have questions?
- Nurse Call Line: 1-855-707-0850: If you have questions about your health but can't reach your PCP, our nurses are ready to help. The Nurse Call Line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-855-707-0850.
- Contact Member Services.
Get lots of rest while you heal. Remember, every day matters during recovery.